This document explains how PICK ME TAXI LTD company number 10402454, (Pickme Taxi, we, us and our) processes information about you which is personally identifiable (“Your Information”) when you use any of the Pickme Taxi services (including the Pickme Taxi app or Pickme Taxi Callme or our website), whether you are a driver, passenger or simply a visitor.
PICK ME TAXI LTDis registered as a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you have any queries about how we use Your Information or have a complaint, please contact us.
1. How we collect and use Your Information
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Your name, contact details, other registration or profile information and reporting information about your use of any Pickme Taxi services;
- Details required in order to collect and pay to you any fees as relevant;
Ratings information (where other Pickme Taxi users are able to rate you as a Pickme Taxi driver);
- Where you choose to use Pickme Taxi’s social networking features or pages (including our Facebook pages and Twitter accounts), such information that you post or about you;
- Location data during your shift;
- Driver performance, operational and financial details;
- Any other information you provide to us when using any Pickme Taxi services;
- Registration and payment details;
- Payment details and other information you provide when using pickme taxi callme;
- Ratings information (where other pickme taxi users are able to rate you as a pickme taxi passenger);
- Where you choose to use pickme taxi’s social networking features or pages (including our facebook pages and twitter accounts), such information that you post or about you;
- Location data, including your journey start and end points and route taken;
- Any other information you provide to us when using any pickme taxi services;
- Cookies information as set out in section 2.3;
- Other data that you choose to provide to us;
We use Your Information in the following ways:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence including emails and call recordings;
- Details about the device you use to access and/or use any pickme taxi services, which may include your ip address or other unique device identifiers;
- Cookies information as set out in section 2.3;
- Any other information provided by you pursuant to your use of any pickme taxi services;
- We may also gather information about you from other sources, including but not limited to (a) credit reference agencies; (b) fraud prevention agencies; and (c) publicly available sources.
- To provide the Pickme Taxi services to you including processing any bookings and/or payments;
- To enable you to use pickmetaxipay again using the same payment details you provided to us previously;
- Your contact details may be used to notify you about changes to any Pickme Taxi services or respond to any communication or request from you;
- Unless you have told us you do not want to receive marketing communications, to provide you with marketing communications about our products and services and those of third parties which we think may be of interest to you. This may also include marketing communications on social media platforms (including Facebook) used by you. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing communications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email we send you;
- To monitor the use of any Pickme Taxi services;
- To investigate any complaints or potential breaches of the service;
- For debt tracing, debt recovery, credit management and crime, fraud and money laundering detection and prevention;
- Where you are a driver to provide you and other drivers with relevant reports including aggregate information based on other drivers’ operation and financial performance (although please note that this information will always be aggregate, anonymous, statistical information and will never identify you to any other driver).
2. Information which we may share with third parties
We never disclose driver reporting information to anyone (except pursuant to a court order or otherwise where required by law).
We only disclose Your Information (other than driver reporting information) as follows:
- To any suppliers and subcontractors (including payment providers) in order to fulfil the relevant Pickme Taxi service;
- If we (or a part of our business) are acquired by a third party, Your Information may be one of the transferred assets;
- To credit reference agencies and/or fraud detection and prevention agencies;
- To any relevant public authority or law enforcement agency, including for example where we suspect you have committed a criminal offence or we suspect fraud where required by law, regulation or legal proceedings;
- In order to enforce or apply the Driver Terms or Passenger Terms or any other agreement to which you and we are a party, as applicable;
- Unless you have told us that you do not want to receive marketing communications, to third parties engaged by us to provide you with marketing communications about our products and services. This may also include social media platforms (including Facebook) where we provide limited information about our users (e.g. Their email address) to the social media platform so they can provide to us an anonymous demographic profile of our users with profiles on that platform to inform our targeted marketing activities on that platform; and
- To third parties from whom you have chosen to receive marketing information.
You should take care when using any Pickme Taxi social networking features since the information you choose to make available can be seen by other users in the selected group. We do not monitor the use of such features in the normal course of business although we reserve the right to do so at our discretion.
2.1 How do we protect Your Information?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Pickme Taxi services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the Service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received Your Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
The time period for which we keep Your Information varies according to what the information is used for. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep information for a specific period of time, we will keep Your Information for as long as is reasonably required, relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was provided to us including for collecting any monies you owe.
We will also continue to hold Your Information, if you do not register with us, if your registration or payment using Pickme Taxi Callme is declined, or even after you have closed your account or your arrangements with us have been terminated by you or us or payment details have been deleted. We will only hold this information for such period of time as is reasonably necessary for the purpose of dealing with enquiries, offering any Pickme Taxi services you may be interested in, complying with any legal obligation, for crime and fraud prevention and detection and for recovering any monies you owe.
2.2 Access to Your Information and corrections
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of such information, please contact us. We may make a small charge for this. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by contacting us. We hope you will be happy with the way we handle your information but if not you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner if there is a problem for more information visit www.ico.org.uk.
2.3 Cookies and other data storage devices
We do use certain cookies and other similar technologies as part of our Pickme Taxi services. The cookies used are session cookies for the purpose of enabling you to use the service (for example to enable you to complete a registration or access information). You can choose to disable cookies (through your browser or device settings) although you should be aware that this may prevent you from being able to use all parts of any Pickme Taxi service. For more information on cookies and similar technologies, how we use them and how to disable them see the ICO guide.